6/29/2011

My Baby Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

RBG baby
The fledgling Rose-Breasted Grosbeak perched on a wire. He appears to have been at the suet feeder, or maybe he has found some juicy berries somewhere.

RBG baby 2
Seeing this little guy up close was one of the high points of my birthday!

RBG baby wire
He seems too young and vulnerable to be on his own, but I've seen no evidence of other Rose-breasted Grosbeaks around.

RBG baby wire 2
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks fledge 9 to 12 days after they hatch. That seems a very short childhood to me!

RBG baby wire 3
This fledgling Rose-Breasted Grosbeak seems quite healthy and well, although a bit lonely. At least he's been successful at finding food!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! I almost feel sorry for him - he looks so bedraggled!

    ReplyDelete

I love positive comments, critical comments,and corrections most of all!