9/09/2010

Greater Yellowlegs at Sunset

yellowlegs evening 2010
I knew this vacation was going to be a success from the very first evening when we saw a Greater Yellowlegs on the beach immediately in front of our rental.

yellowlegs evening two 2010
The Greater Yellowlegs was there almost every evening, except for during the three nights of the nor'easter.

yellowlegs evening three 2010
If seeing a Yellowlegs doesn't make you smile, then I doubt anything can!

yellowlegs evening four 2010
I'd like to think this is the very same bird we saw back in July of this year. That sighting was my first ever Greater Yellowlegs, and it happened very close to this location. Wouldn't it be cool if the same bird was still hanging out seven weeks later?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love positive comments, critical comments,and corrections most of all!