5/21/2011

Birdathon Oystercatchers, Roseate Terns, Brants,and more!

American Oystercatcher 2011
The best surprise of the day was definately this American Oystercatcher. Pete would have loved to see this!

cross terns
Criss-crossed terns!

roseate 2011
Not the best photo for an ID, but this Roseate Tern image was the best quality of the few I managed to take during Birdathon, The swirling fog is simply impossible to deal with.

roseate 2 2011
A better ID pic of the Roseate Tern, although very fuzzy.

brants 2011
Brants are a type of winter geese around here. They are very cute and shy.



IT ISN'T TOO LATE TO DONATE!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful series of birds and photos. I love the oystercatcher in flight and the Terns are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos...
    I am going to be coming to Duxbury Mass. in July.
    I have never been there before.
    I would love to try to do some birding while I am there. I will only be there for a few days.
    Could you recommend a place to bird that is near Duxbury and what kind of birds would I probably see at that time of the year? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mossypine,

    This link is an excellent reference to where and when you can find all the shorebirds there. Watch out for biting flies in July, though.
    http://www.goldenrod.org/birds.html

    ReplyDelete

I love positive comments, critical comments,and corrections most of all!