1/08/2012

Arizona Sonora Desert Museum

Look at this glorious scenery!  This is the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, right outside Tuscon.  In my opinion, this is one of the most gorgeous places on earth!

The sunsets are as lovely as anything I've seen on either coast.

Of course, what was most exciting to me was seeing 4 life-listers before I left the parking lot!  This was my first glimpse of a Cactus Wren.

Familiar shape and very wren-like poses, but oh so different from any wren I've ever seen!  How about those spots on him!  So perfectly symmetrical!

In the desert, comfortable perches are in short supply, evidently!

How exquisite are these many varieties of cacti, though?  Worth some minor discomfort for locals and visitors alike.  My advice?  Don't miss this indoor/outdoor museum if you're within 500 miles of it. Spend a few days exploring every nook and cranny.  I guarantee you will be delighted with everything you see!  I have more images from the Sonora Desert Museum to show you next time.  I promise you will be absolutely astounded!

4 comments:

I love positive comments, critical comments,and corrections most of all!