7/06/2009

The Best Cormorant Pics Yet!

My fantastically talented husband shot all these pictures last weekend, and they are far better than any I could have taken myself! In fact, I now realize that Double-crested Cormorants are actually exquisitely beautiful birds. I think I'm in love again!

bestcormorant1
The Cormorant slices through the water with barely a ripple,
bestcormorant2
swimming smoothly along,
bestcormorant3
and then diving down for its prey.
bestcormorant4
They stay underwater for a long time, and cover a lot of distance underwater. You never know where they'll turn up! Tom managed to catch this one just as he surfaced. Pretty cool sequence, right?
bestcormorantupagain

2 comments:

  1. The photos certainly do the DCCOs justice, but I am still not quite sure about "exquisite." Good shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I would certainly call them exquisite... the picture-taking also, way to go Mr. Wrubs!

    This blog has been fun so far, and greatly informative :) keep it up Miss Wrubs!

    -Charles

    ReplyDelete

I love positive comments, critical comments,and corrections most of all!