3/03/2012

What Else Is At Whitewater Draw?

This gorgeous White-crowned Sparrow was one of dozens of species we saw at Whitewater Draw - in addition to the 10,000 Sandhill Cranes

Tom caught a few good shots of this Savannah Sparrow.

I was extremely proud of myself for sighting a Common Yellowthroat among the weeds.  It wouldn't be a big deal to most birders, but I am absolutely no good at warblers!

There were Northern Shovelers galore.

A couple of Ring-necked ducks.

A few scattered Common Mergansers.

Tons of American Coots were in the marsh.  I like this image because the bird looks like he is smiling.

These are just a few of the dozens of species that can be seen at Whitewater Draw in Southern Arizona.  It is a spectacular birding location with spectacular scenery to boot!

1 comment:

I love positive comments, critical comments,and corrections most of all!