11/29/2011

California Grebe-ing

This Pied-billed Grebe was one of at least four grebe species I saw in California.  I believe this was the only Grebe species that was NOT a new addition to the life-list!

All I can say for sure is that I no longer know which Grebe is my favorite.  These guys are just too cute,

I think this is a family photo!

But this grebe is also irresistible.  I think it is an Eared Grebe, but I wouldn't bet the farm on my ID.  It could be a Horned Grebe, although I don't think it is.

 Here's another shot of the tentatively identified Eared Grebe.  Expert opinions welcomed here!

This isn't a great photo, but you get a good idea of the size of this grebe compared to a Ruddy Duck.

And who could forget my famous Western Grebe family?  Bottom line; I loved them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love positive comments, critical comments,and corrections most of all!