10/11/2009

Autumn Reflections; the Sudbury Reservoir

DSC_2314 copy
The autumn leaves look lovely reflected in the waters of the Sudbury Reservoir. It was a beautiful day for leaf peeking. Not so good for birding. My husband took some very nice pictures, though!

2 mallards sud res
He shot this photo of mallards in the sun.

sudburyducks
And I love his image of the mallards swimming through the fallen leaves.

setting sun ducks
More mallards in the golden leaves.

ducks in red water
Believe it or not, I saw two duck species I was hoping to find, but I didn't get pictures or see them well enough to add them to my list! (The red water looks cool, though.)

mallard sudbury
On Golden Pond.

sudbury cormorant flying
A Cormorant flies over the fall foliage.

cormorant island sud res
A rock island in the reservoir was home to Double-crested Cormorants and a few species of gulls.

woodpecker sudbury res
My husband even managed to snap a photo of an upside-down woodpecker directly overhead!

1 comment:

  1. "This is quite the extraordinary angle to catch such a cool bird! Meghan and I were just marveling at the talent we saw in these images and we've concluded that they are of professional quality!"

    -Charles

    "All the foliage and the Great Blue Heron are sooo pretty!"

    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete

I love positive comments, critical comments,and corrections most of all!